|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Awards||BSc (Bachelor of Social Science)|
|Tuition fee||To be confirmed|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Payable within 2 weeks from the application submission by transferring it to the KTU bank account. Non-refundable. Bank details will be provided during application.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
• a senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >60 %),
• maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible,
• minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject: final exams of Mathematics and Physics,
• motivation interview (skype).
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille)by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
The accepted student must bring all notary verified documents which were submitted during the application as well as their originals upon arrival or send before:
International Studies Office
You will also need Police Clearance Certificate (non-criminal record) from all countries you have lived before arriving to Lithuania for more than 6 months. We recommend to take Police Clearance Certificate not earlier than 1 month before departure.
If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in a confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in English language, additional English test may not be required.
If an applicant does not have any official test, online examination may be organised by KTU.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Maximum gap after high / secondary school or later studies cannot be more than 3 years.
European Studies is an interdisciplinary programme with a unique perspective on politics in the national states, Europe and the World. It specifically targets the students who want to know political and economic integration processes, their participants, goals, causes, course and consequences in Europe from the global perspective. Through the analysis of political processes, of what and how functions in the European Union, as well as through provided methodology, tips and tricks, studying and learning in multicultural environment, the graduates can actually make changes, influence the decision making process or apply the expertise in local and global companies, NGOs, public institutions.
Top reasons to study:
1. Students can learn from the experts in the EU relations directly: lectures are given by former the EU-Lithuania negotiator V. Ušackas, ambassadors of Lithuania to foreign countries, members of the European Parliament etc.
2. Institute of Europe at KTU coordinates the European Documentation Center, accredited by European Commission, which gathers official documentation from the EU institutions.
3. Lithuania lived through the pre-accession to the EU period and it’s been a member of the EU for more than 10 years – this experience is transferred to the students from the countries which are still negotiating the membership or seeking closer relations with the European Union.
The acquaintance with the European Union legal, economic, political, socio-cultural dimensions
European Union internal market functioning
Institutional system and decision making in the European Union
European Union internal policies
The acquaintance with the political system
European Union legal system
Government and Politics
Basics of Public Policy
Civil Society in European Union
Analysis of distinctive European Union policies and activities
European Union regional and social policy
Public programmes and projects
European Union business environment
Science and innovation policy
Quantitative and qualitative methods in social research
Graduates may seek a policy makers’ career worldwide in such institutions as
• EU institutions, state and local government institutions, NGOs;
• legal consultancies;
• public policy and services;
• private and public research institutes.
Students have opportunity to gain practical experience and enhance their career prospects with a 12-weeks internship in public, private or non-governmental organisations, institutions and companies in Lithuania or abroad.
“Probably it is difficult to imagine a more comprehensive set of subjects which leads to the degree of Social Sciences. It feels so right for for students who are interested in both the economics, law and foreign languages, and who are seeking for interdisciplinary, modern and opening new horizons knowledge. Europe needs young experts in European affairs – these studies make it possible to become one of them!” – Žymantas Mozūraitis, Third-year student