|Study location||Lithuania, Kaunas|
|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€3,426 per year
*KTU offers partial tuition fee waivers for the candidates with outstanding results
|Application fee||€100 one-time
Payable within 2 weeks from the application submission by transferring it to the KTU bank account. Non-refundable. Bank details will be provided during application.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
• a senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >60 %),
• maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible,
• minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject: final exams and Mathematics, Physics or Information technologies.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English, Russian (issued in or officially translated along with verified copies))
Take verified copies along
International Studies Office
You will also need Police Clearance Certificate (non-criminal record) from all countries you have lived before arriving to Lithuania for more than 6 months. We recommend to take Police Clearance Certificate not earlier than 1 month before departure.
NOTE: Certificates must be apostalized or double legalized.
English IELTS 5.5 , TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, IESOL B2 or equivalent or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) standardised admission test.
If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in a confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in English language, additional English test may not be required.
If an applicant does not have any official test, online examination may be organised by KTU.
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Maximum gap after high / secondary school or later studies cannot be more than 3 years.
Turkish citizens must upload the following document together with all other documents: Higher Education Examination-Undergraduate Placement Examination (YGS-LYS) examination certificate.
Urged by the growing desire to maintain balance, to preserve the natural environment and to slow down climate change, mankind is turning towards nature. As a result, global energy is changing.
Renewable energy includes solar, wind, water and other renewable energy sources. Currently, it is probably the most progressive and rapidly expanding field of technology and energy in the world. It is understandable – the future of all of us depends on this area.
While studying bachelor’s in Renewable Energy Engineering at KTU, you will expand your engineering knowledge and skills, will master the knowledge on the use of environmentally friendly types of energy, on the application of solar, wind, hydro, biofuel heat pump technologies in the fields of electricity and heat. Your knowledge will be supplemented with practical workshops at state-of-the-art laboratories equipped by Siemens, Schneider Electric, Omicron, ABB and DE Lorenzo.
• Next to the basic subjects of the study programme, you will be able to choose two more specialised module groups additionally
• The students and lecturers work as partners, the innovative attitude of students to the studied objects is highly valued
• Hands-on experience using contemporary lab equipment acquire practical skills which are highly regarded among the employers
Objective(s) of a Study Programme:
To prepare highly skilled renewable energy specialists capable to competently solve the tasks of the design and
implementation of renewable energy sources and their control systems, assess research achievements in the area of
renewable energy and the key factors in the business environment.
Access to Professional Activity
The graduate can seek employment in companies running renewable energy systems, design bureaus, national
enterprises and private organizations where experts of renewable energy resource development, usage and application
– Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative principles of operating modes, organisation and management of energy systems;
– Analysis of new and sustainable principles of electricity generation, transmission and distribution technologies and assessment of the possibilities of their use;
– Identification and assessment of energy problems, provision of solutions;
– Design and management of energy systems, efficient use of renewable energy sources for generation, transmission and use of electricity and thermal energy.
– Able to plan and manage energy economy of distribution networks and companies, design and operate electricity and thermal energy supply systems and solve financial tasks;
– Able to make engineering decisions assessed in terms of ethics, social norms, environmental protection and safety;
– Able to manage various technological processes and technical systems of energy system.