|Nominal duration||4 years (30 ECTS)|
|Awards||PhD (PhD of Chemical Engineering)|
|Tuition fee||€6,646.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Payable within 2 weeks from the application submission by transferring it to the KTU bank account. Details will be provided during application.
Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
1.Master’s diploma or a higher education degree equivalent to it and diploma supplement.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Lithuanian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in a confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in English language, additional English certificate is not required.
At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
Two separate up-to-date references signed by academic referees or researchers from the relevant field of science.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
1. Copy of ID card or passport with indicated personal data.
Science Field of Chemical Engineering (05T)
Right for Doctoral Studies has been granted for Kaunas University of Technology (KTU).
PhD applicants have to choose one (or max. two) of the following dissertation topics:
1. Valorisation of agrofood processing by-products and waste using biorefinery concept
2. Synthesis and properties of organic semiconductors with high photoluminescence quantum yields
3. Influence of activated mineral additives on cement hydration and resistance on sulphate attack
4. Microfillers for cement from technogenic waste
5. Isolation of pathogens of Candida genus, determination of their properties and impact on human microbiome
6. Purification of antimicrobial polypeptides from wheat starch rest raw materials, determination of their properties and application for personalized nutrition food and edible films manufacturing
7. Prototyping of advance oxidation and catalysis based reactor for the decomposition of airborne substances
8. Study of phase transitions during the synthesis and hydration of belite cements