|Nominal duration||4 years (30 ECTS)|
|Awards||PhD (PhD of Mechanical Engineering)|
|Tuition fee||€6,646.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Payable within 2 weeks from the application submission by transferring it to the KTU bank account. Details will be provided during application.
Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
1. Master’s diploma or a higher education degree equivalent to it and diploma supplement.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Lithuanian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in a confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in English language, additional English certificate is not required.
At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
Two separate up-to-date references signed by academic referees or researchers from the relevant field of science.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
1. Copy of ID card or passport with indicated personal data.
Science Field of Mechanical Engineering (09T)
Right for Doctoral Studies has been granted for Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) together with Aleksandras Stulginskis University (ASU).
PhD applicants have to choose one (or max. two) of the following dissertation topics:
list of research topics for state-funded places:
1. Development and research of equipment for wellness and increase working capacity for the employed in sedentary jobs
2. Insects biomechanics, inovative sensors
3. Orthodontic tooth movement force system
4. Human biomechanical model for early diagnostics and prediction of the joints degradation and development of measures for their improvement
5. Damage identification and characterisation of Composite Materials and Structures
6. Design and research of microresonator for microelectromechanical systems
7. Development and research of durable coatings
8. Analysis of vibration assisted microassembly
9. Biosensor for human physiological fluid analysis
10. Research and Development of 3D Printed Continuous Fibers Reinforced Polymer Composite Structures
11. Research and development of the active flow control devices with piezoelectric actuators
List of research topics for self-funded positions:
1. Research of cyclic strength and fatigue life under tension-compression, torsion and pure bending
2. Adaptive magnethoreological brakes in mechatronics systems
3. Design, research and application of the flexible bodies pneumovibrational transportation mechanisms.
4. Research and development of vibrational conveying systems for bodies on a platform oscillated by a harmonic law under controlled dry friction.
5. Additive Manufacturing of Fibers Reinforced Composite Materials for High Performance Structural Applications