|Nominal duration||4 years (30 ECTS)|
|Awards||PhD (PhD of History and Theory of Arts)|
|Tuition fee||€8,014.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Payable within 2 weeks from the application submission by transferring it to the KTU bank account. Details will be provided during application.
Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
1.Master’s diploma or a higher education degree equivalent to it and diploma supplement.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Lithuanian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in a confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in English language, additional English certificate is not required.
At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
Two separate up-to-date references signed by academic referees or researchers from the relevant field of science.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
1. Copy of ID card or passport with indicated personal data.
Science Field of History and Theory of Arts (03H)
Right for Doctoral Studies has been granted for Kaunas University of Technology (KTU).
PhD applicants have to choose one (or max. two) of the following dissertation topics:
1. Interconnections between aesthetics and ethics in sustainable architecture
2. Architectural Model of Community Spaces in Lithuania
3. Identification of music handwriting
4. The role of popular music in the Lithuanian Singing Revolution
5. Urban Planning and Design for the Safe City
6. The politics of architecture in soviet Lithuania: official discourse and everyday interpretations
7. Spatial Catalysers of Urban Structure